Navigate the JustBevedom!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Blog everyday Till 2011!

Hey guys,

One of my big goals that I discussed in my first vlog is weight loss.  I usually have a hard time with motivation.  It is so much easier to go to McDonald's then cook myself a healthy meal.  It's too easy to say I will eat well tomorrow, or exercise later.  So in order to MAKE myself be good, I have decided to blog here every single day for the rest of the year about what I hope is my amazing weight loss journey.  So, here is how it is going to work.  Everyday I will post the workout I did that day, my food journal (it is scary!).  On what I have dubbed Measurement Monday, I will weigh and measure myself and post the results.

I would love for anyone who is interested to join me!  The way I am going to post my measurements is not in actual numbers.  I have weighed myself and measured myself and wrote it down I will report it on a + or - scale.  So right now my numbers are all at 0.  I will put losses in green and gains in red.  Here is hoping for no red!!  Nothing worse then gaining while trying to lose.  I will also be describing how I feel and hardships I face.

My goal is to use this public platform to keep my motivation and actually accomplish this goal!  If on January 1st I have only lost two pounds I will still consider it a win!.

Ok now the plan.  You may think it is to much but I am committing to two very different workouts.  One is running and one is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts.  The reason is, the HIIT suggests active rest on the off days which include jogging.  So here is the planned schedule.

Monday: Jogging
Tuesday: Bodyrock
Wednesday: Complete off day
Thursday: Jogging
Friday:Bodyrock
Saturday: Joggong
Sunday: Bodyrock

So what is Bodyrock?  What do I mean by jogging?  Well...
Bodyrock is an online fitness trainer that posts HIIT workouts.  They are super intense, short, require no equipment and she is obviously doing something right!  You can find them here:  www.bodyrock.tv  I will doing the workouts, one day after she posts them so, for example on Tuesdays, I will do the HIIT workout she posts on Monday.  The workouts are usually only 12-20 minutes and they kick you butt in a good way.  If you are interested in doing these with me, you may want to look into the gymboss interval timer app that is available on iPhone, she uses on and it is vital... and free!

For jogging, I am going to follow Cool Running's Couch to 5k plan.  It is a plan that gets you running.  I am on week 2 right now.  It is only 3 times a week and although I hate it while I am doing it, after I feel great.  I know I will get better at jogging.  My sissy and I are planning on actually trying a 5K so that is something exciting to look forward to!!  You can find the plan here:  Couch to 5K

As far as eating, right now I am going to just try to make better choices and slowly get myself to eat better.  I am a big fan of Michael Pollen and his book Food Rules so I am going to try to follow those where I can.  Making the transition from Junk Food Junkie to healthy eater is going to be a long painful process and I can't promise that I will do well at all.  I can promise that I am going to give it my all.  So if you want to join me on this journey, please do, if not, Look back on 1/1/2011 and my social commentary blogs will return!

If you do, today is Measurement Monday and that means that you need to weigh yourself and measure yourself using this:

  • Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
  • Chest: Measure just under your bust
  • Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
  • Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
  • Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
  • Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow

I am also going to track my BMI using the following link: 

Ok that is all!  Here is my Measurement Monday, should be more interesting next week!


Measurement Monday!!
Weight: 0
BMI: 0
Bust: 0
Chest: 0
Waist: 0
Hips: 0
Thighs: 0
Upper Arms: 0

Have a great day, I will post my food journal tonight!

JustBeve

2 comments:

  1. Way to go you! You're going to do great. I definitely didn't follow my diet this weekend but I'm with you all the way starting Tuesday, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay motivated, Beve! I'll help you!

    ReplyDelete